The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Friday, February 12, 2016

Happy Birthday!


I couldn't remember to send someone a birthday card if my life depended on it.

I have tried so hard for so many years, but unfortunately, the most enthusiasm I can muster is to remember that I forgot someone's birthday (usually the day of or soon thereafter). I know that some people are overwhelmingly good at remembering other people's birthdays, which makes me wonder if birthdays are super important to them or if they are just really conscientious of other lifespans passing by.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about my own birthday, especially as I get older. It's just another day, and to me, each day should be treated as special and individual, lived out as fully as possible. In fact, setting our desire on one particular day to be "special" sets it up for disappointment. Additionally, it takes us away from being present in the current day, which makes that day more meaningless.

So, be present in whatever day you are in, be it the anniversary of your birth or just an ordinary clean-the-house or go-to-work day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home