The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions

It's the very last day of the year. A whole new year begins tomorrow, and I've read up on all my "New Year, New You" magazine articles. As you know, I've already begun my food cleanse, which is going rather well. I don't have massive amounts of new energy or anything like that, but my gut feels better and my skin seems a little nicer.

But back to the real reason for this post. I realized, as I was tallying up all my new year to-dos that I had one bad habit to kick: my over-planning habit. So my new year's resolution is easy--I want to stop trying to plan out every second of my life. What has been so enjoyable about this last week (with kids off from school) is that I just decided to not plan anything and try to spend time with my kids and visiting family.

I have to say, though, that the meal plan I've been following makes it super easy on me. I will probably try to make a meal plan and shopping list similar to the Bon Appetite one that I have been following. It will probably be a combination of the healthy breakfasts, snacks, and desserts along with recipes from monthly sources and utilizing my weekly organic produce bag allotment.

Other than not over-planning, I do have a few other items I'd like to tackle in the new year:
  • Spend no more than 1 hour a day with daily cleaning
  • Read with every kid
  • Spend time with the kids doing something together: playing a game, baking, making a project, playing outside, etc.
  • Reach out to someone every day, whether it's writing a letter, walking with a friend, or a quick call or email, but remembering that face-to-face time is better.
  • Exercise moderately
  • Spend some time learning: accounting and sewing are my first thoughts.
  • Read all four Gospels
  • Cook delicious, healthy meals
  • Organize a little bit of my world
  • Do something nice for someone else, whether that's for a friend, family member, or a volunteer thing like school, church, or girl scouts.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 AM , Blogger Alejandro said...

food

 
At 5:02 AM , Blogger Harini Babu said...

nice to read this blog...it is very nice website
Aluminium Planters

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home