The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Detox Diets

Detox diets - they're all the rage now, especially as we head into the new year. They range from obscenely harsh (just cayenne & lemon water!?!) to ridiculously simple (seven days of broth and smoothies). Most of them are so unappetizing, but the health benefits are so tempting. Even if you aren't in the market for weight loss, the benefits of purifying the diet include decreased inflammation, healthier skin, more energy, and better mood.

Even with that impressive list of health benefits, I have not been convinced. But still, I felt I really needed to try to clean up my diet. Enter the Bon Appetite two-week food lovers cleanse. Now this... this is something that I can get behind.

It follows all the conventions of the detox diets I've read about. So, no coffee, alcohol, refined sugars or grains, and limited dairy and other sweets. There is some cooking involved, but nothing that's too extraordinary. So far, I've made a large pot of lentils and a batch of caramelized onions. I thought I would miss the sugar, but so far, the biggest issue was no coffee (I had tea instead) and I realized that I've probably just been drinking coffee in order to consumer sugar.

Here are today's meals:
Breakfast: Ten grain cereal with strawberries and walnuts
Snack: Pumpkin smoothie
Lunch: Cooked lentils with Greek yogurt and red leaf lettuce salad with oranges & avocados & miso-tamari dressing

Dinner: Black Cod with Caramelized Onions and Apples; Kale Salad with Pine Nuts and Currant; Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Chile and Orange
Dessert (yes, there is dessert!):  Dark chocolate and a tangerine 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home