The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Thursday, February 02, 2012

There are so many places to shop, I realized as I was driving through town the other night. You can get groceries in this town at Lucky, Safeway, Whole Foods, Piedmont Grocery, Village Market, Farmer Joe's, Trader Joe's, Grocery Outlet, and Walmart. And that's just Oakland! If you expand into Berkeley and Emeryville (not too far to drive, really), then you can also include Berkeley Bowl, Pack & Save, Target, and Andronico's. 

What's the point? you may ask. Well, it seems very hard to do four weeks of the experiment at each location, although that would take me through the whole year of buying and cooking. While I'm okay with taking the experiment that far, my menu will change as we get into the summer months. I'm not interested in eating meatloaf, soup, or roasts in hot weather, nor am I interested in cooking that much in the summer.

Anyhow, I made my second trip to Lucky this week, this time visiting the larger and more recently remodeled store on 18th Avenue, near Lake Merritt. I found the store selection to be much more expansive, the meat department smelled better, and the store seemed neater and cleaner. What I didn't like was the panhandler in the parking lot, asking me for spare change, while I tried to herd my three small children out of the car. I spent $32.69 on this trip, bringing my weekly total to $136.44.

I also have a small confession: I visited Target yesterday, on the task of procuring a new waffle iron. They had a new section with "Value Packs" of Z-bars and Annie's bunny snacks. I couldn't resist. I spent $44 on snacks that will probably last for the next two to three weeks.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM , Blogger heavy hedonist said...

I can't walk into Target without spending over $30 either, since they began selling fresh groceries. But how many raw almonds can two people eat, really?

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger toryburchshoesbags said...

Basketball Sneaker Basketball involves a lot of vigorous moves, Asics Onitsuka Tigerhigh jumps, extreme running, blocking and shooting. So there may be the chances for you to get injured.the north face jackets But basketball sneakers are there for you to safeguard you and your feet from getting injured by the vigorous stunts. Basketball sneakers are the ideal pair to offer you snug fit, firm ankle support and excellent traction over the highly polished maple woodMoncler Sale. Today, basketball shoes are designed with innovative technologies for good shock absorption and cushioning. Patterned sole and stylish finish of the retro sneakers North Face Jackets For Menwill fuse your heart to buy a pair for you to show off your excellence over the field.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home