The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Starting this week, we're on to Lucky for our grocery shopping. I may need to incorporate more fish into our meal plan, as the vegetarian "roasts" will probably not be available for purchase at Lucky grocery stores. They do, however, carry some of the other vegetarian items that I use.

True to the experiment, I will be using the same monthly menu plan that I used last month. I have an even simpler lunch menu, since the girls really only want either soy-nut-butter or veggie bologna sandwiches. I combine the sandwich with fruit, a Z bar, milk, and something crunchy.

This week's dinner menu:
  • Herbed roast fish (catch of the day) with broccoli and pasta tossed with olive oil
  • Meat loaf (vegetarian) with baked potatoes and green beans
  • Vegetable soup with corn muffins
  • Pan roasted salmon and tomatoes with mashed potatoes and green peas
  • Rosemary-garlic chicken with carrots and spinach salad
  • Ratatouille with couscous
***********
The shopping at Lucky was not at all what I envisioned. The fresh fish area smelled "fishy" and not in the right way. I did opt for some frozen "Whole Catch" salmon fillets. The selection of vegetarian meats was disappointing, so I did the best I could. That meant that tonight's dinner was breaded 'chicken' cutlets with the spaghetti and broccoli.

The spending total was significantly less: $90.00. Plus, I spent $13.75 at the farmer's market this morning. I will need to return later in the week for milk and other staples. Actually, I will try to find a larger Lucky store, hoping for more varied meat substitutes.

    1 Comments:

    At 6:16 PM , Blogger toryburchshoesbags said...

    You need to be brisk to maintain equilibrium while executing mind blowing shots. Moncler Sale And tennis sneakers are a heck helpful in this regard. Tennis sneakers are ideal in providing support to the sides Belstaff Leather
    of your feet while you make side to side movements. They are lightweight and flexible.Belstaff Womens Jackets
    Herringbone patterned rubber outsole offer you excellent grip on all courts. These sneakers are well cushioned to comfort your Ugg Boots Salefeet and assure you a bombastic performance. So, shop a pair of tennis sneakers of your choice to meet your court needs and sore high on the success of your game. Kick the ball for a fine goal with cool football or soccer sneakers.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home