The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's a foggy, late summer Sunday morning here. We finished up our first week of school without any major trauma and have started attending the regular barrage of weekend birthday parties. It's a nice pattern to resume. I've always loved this part of the year, and I think it has something to do with me returning to friends after the long summers away that I enjoyed as a child. I think my children have a mixed perception of school; although there is the return to the daily friends and schedules, they also regret the end of summer and the long hours of play.

Two out of three children are now in elementary school. My oldest began first grade, with much less to-do than last year (she broke her finger the first day), and my second child started kindergarten with a lot fewer tears than I expected. We don't start extracurricular activities for a couple more weeks, so the daily schedule is not too hectic. The baby is as agreeable as ever, except that he's walking and climbing everywhere, keeping me on my toes through most of his waking hours.

I guess I'm excited about this Fall because I've recommitted myself to some lifestyle choices. I restarted my subscription to Vegetarian Times (hopefully more posts on this later); I renewed my monthly dues to Baby Boot Camp, vowing to attend 3-4 times per week; and I have everyone working on a new chore schedule, to make things go more smoothly around here.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Blogger thomaru said...

I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thank's for all. Regards, metal building homes plans really hope to be your friends

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home