The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Waffles are my newest experiment. I've had a waffle iron for a couple of years and it's a favorite with the kids. Since my last post about the basic muffin, in which you merely add ingredients to the mix, I've been thinking about trying this with waffles. These above are oatmeal cinnamon and they turned out pretty well.

So, basic waffles are (approximately) 2 cups flour, 1.5 cups milk, .5 cups oil, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 2 eggs, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. With these, I added 1 cup of quick oats and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. I thought I should decrease the flour to 1.5 cups, but the batter seemed too soupy, so I added about another .25 cups. I used whole wheat flour, too, which usually makes the waffles a bit on the dry side.

I'm hoping that there are more interesting possibilities for waffle variations, like adding shredded or pureed fruit, or perhaps baking cocoa. Adding fruit will make the batter more watery, so I'm thinking that the amount of milk should be decreased. I guess we'll find out next Saturday, if I'm feeling in the mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home