The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I've been on a baking binge this week. Thursday was my birthday, so the girls and I made cupcakes. Green cupcakes with blue frosting and many, many sprinkles.

Then Friday, it was supposed to be super cold and stormy - maybe even snowing! - so I made Tuscan peasant soup (with a bean bag from Sierra Soups) and half-whole-wheat bread. Instead of chicken, I added veggie sausages at the end. The bread recipe was just a traditional white bread recipe, but I substituted 1 cup of whole wheat flour for 1 cup of all purpose flour. I also use vegetable oil instead of shortening, only because it's a little less messy. Oh, and I halve that recipe so that I can blend the ingredients in my food processor (just add flour until the dough comes together in a ball; very easy and easier to clean than the mixer).
For our Saturday morning waffle experiment, we tried gingerbread waffles. These were the best yet! The recipe called for apple butter (???) but I put in molasses because (1) I didn't have apple butter and (2) how can it really be gingerbread without molasses? They were DELICIOUS! A little less crispy than the standard waffles, but so yummy.
  • 2 ¼ cups Original Bisquick® mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • ¼ + cup molasses
  • 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 eggs

1 Comments:

At 5:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to try those gingerbread waffles!
Glad you had a good birthday :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home