The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Tuesday, September 01, 2009


Although not technically Autumn, late August starts reminding me that the year is winding down. Most wildflowers and bulbs are bloomed out and the leaves begin to change color on the Liquidambers. The only miracle in the yard is the appearance of what my grandmother calls "naked ladies." They are amaryllis, I think, which begin their annual cycle by sending up flower stalks in late summer. Their foliage will follow next month, keeping the garden space green, after the spring and summer annuals have been cleaned out.

From now on, the naked ladies will always make their appearance and remind me of David's passing. Although advanced in years, none of us felt he was in the "winter" of his life and the lilies that appear this time of year - this time where the year comes to its downward descent - have more significance than ever.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 AM , Blogger Tony said...

Why do I know about your blog? Part due to the random, partly because Facebook has brought me to your blog. I found your blog very nice and why you do not use Facebook to search for or share. I think you should register a facebook account to let people find your blog great. Sign up for Facebook here . If you already have a facebook account then, please sign in to see your blog I found how. Facebook login here.
This is my blog : Blog for you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home