The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Monday, January 29, 2007

I think I need to change my blog title back to "Mr. Slinky's Garden Blog" as I am no longer a vegetarian.

We went on a vacation up to the Sierra foothills and a friend shared his steak with me. There was no going back from there! And it's been a whole new world of cooking around here the past week and a half.

I haven't posted recently because we've been terribly busy, but not with gardening. The garden is ramping up for spring, with bulbs starting to peep through the plethora of poppy, daisy and alyssum sprouts. I still have a few zinnias happily blooming at the back of the yard, as well as, yes, lots of alyssum. I can hardly wait for my bulbs to start blooming, plus I have a few summer bulbs to plant - cannas, dahlias, and glads.

The girls and I are working on returning to a nap schedule. Elizabeth used to have the most wonderful, regular schedule, but I must admit, I've been really lax with Helen's routine. So, now we start. They are both growing in leaps and bounds; Elizabeth has gotten a few inches taller (can hold my hand without me slouching over) and Helen has gained a few more pounds (maybe the weight is just pulling me closer to Elizabeth :)

I need to post to their blogs...unfortunately, the only photos I have are from a friend while I visited last week. Oh well, I'll be a bit better about those photos this week, as we travel to see Grandma and family in the Fresno area.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still have this book marked as mr slinky's gardening blog :)

 
At 7:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

beebs-- been a while since you have posted-- hope things are okies. You know who ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home