The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Saturday, October 22, 2005

This morning, I planted more bulbs in the back yard, but this time on the northwest part of the yard. I have a little circle of crocus, dutch iris, and a space in the middle for bearded iris. I was going to put a tree in there, but I don't think I want to take care of another tree (Rudy spent this morning attacking the Japanese Maple on the patio). Elizabeth's "pink" garden is finished, except for some lillies that I need to plant - maybe I can get out there and do that quickly late this afternoon.

On the north side of the yard, I have so much work to do, and not enough bulbs, so I am planning on putting in some other perennials there, which I will start from seed. My other seeds are doing quite well, in little planters on the patio, and I hope to transfer them to the back in a couple months. The snapdragons, poppies, african daisies, and foxglove have all sprouted. I am still waiting on the pansies, impatiens, and painted daisies.

So, I think on the north side, I'll have three main tiers of flowers. At the top, I'll plant the tall, bearded iris, then have a stepping stone path, and then some perennials (TBD), another stepping stone path, and the rest of the bulbs (tulips, daffodils, allium, anemones, etc.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home