The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Ah, Summer has arrived! It is very warm here, especially for the East Bay hills, but the house is doing a good job of staying cool. We may need to retire to the lower levels a little later, depending on how well we thwart the heat with fans and lowering blinds.

The baby is taking a nap in her crib, for the first time. I keep reading that your baby should sleep in the same place as much as possible. We usually let her just fall asleep wherever - in the car, in her bouncer seat, on the floor - but, according to the baby-raising literature, this is a sign of an over-tired baby who isn't getting enough sleep. Not that E is a cranky baby anyway, but I guess every bit of sleep-scheduling helps.

Other than the baby, house and home are okay. I still have projects to complete, although it's too hot to do the gardening I had planned for today. We are also having a problem with fleas, and they are just having a field day chomping on me. I totally blame the cats, and I have ordered better flea control treatments for them. I guess I will need to flea-bomb the house (again!) but it sure beats getting eaten alive.

Today, we are having simple fare - faux chicken burgers, topped with mozzerella and tomato, and coleslaw, for lunch. For dinner we will be having taco salad with fake ground beef (texturized soy protein). Coleslaw dressing: 1 cup mayonaise, 1+ Tbsp rice wine vinegar, pinch of sugar, plus 1 tsp whatever spices you feel like adding (I use celery seed and summer savory). Taco salad: grilled onions and ground beef (Yves Ground Round for vegetarians) atop lettuce, tortilla chips, avacado, and tomato plus shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home