The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

We are now officially past the due date for Baby W's arrival. As many of you know, I have been anticipating her arrival for about 2 weeks now. I've stopped working, and the amount of questions, correspondence and at-home projects has diminished into nothingness. So, what does a overdue pregnant woman with no job do all day? Here's a summary:

Early AM hours - usually spend some time awake, thinking of different baby/labor things and trying to get comfortable. This usually lasts 1-2 hours.

6:30 AM - get up and feed cats & have breakfast with Rudy. Tidy up kitchen, make beds, and start any laundry.

8:30 AM - take a shower, get dressed, and fix hair & makeup. I have no idea why I go through this ritual (no one sees me) except that it keeps me from feeling like a total bum.

9:00 AM - eat second breakfast, usually whole grain cereal or oatmeal. Pregnant women need to keep up on their fiber intake, you know.

10:00 AM - read and take morning nap with the cats, if no one has sent me projects or email.

12:00 PM - eat lunch & either read financial/accounting periodicals for investment ideas or start on various household chores. Organize things (i.e. today I will reorganize my hospital bag, which has been packed for a week and a half now).

2:00 PM - go for a walk. Walking sometimes induces labor.

3:00 PM - read and maybe take another nap with the cats.

This goes on until Rudy gets home, and then I usually start cooking and/or baking. I also spend time within those listed above doing crosswords, writing letters & emails, & researching new parenting skills. Pretty exciting, eh?

Hopefully, I'll have something wonderful, new, and miraculous to post soon.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Blogger george said...

Betty, that is a beautiful post. You're always in our thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home