The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Monday, April 04, 2005

Still waiting...

I am starting to feel a bit silly, as I thought our little bundle of joy would arrive by now. Many of you are probably asking, "Why? The due date is April 12th, right?" Yes, that's correct. However, at my last prenatal appointment, my doctor declared that I was 2.5 cm dialated and could deliver any time.

So, being the over-prepared person I am, I told the people at work that I was ready to go, found a replacement, and wrapped up all my work ventures. I've never been done with quarter-end reporting the day after quarter-end. But now I have little to do besides read about babies and wonder, "Is that a real contraction?" while people from work continue to call me with strange little worries.

Usually, I would be capable of entertaining myself at home, except that my activities here are limited to projects that do not involve lifting, bending, or the use of harsh chemicals. That leaves laundry, cooking, and light cleaning...I guess I'll be cleaning the bathroom again.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

My second child arrived 18 days early--and no one told me I was dilated. Of course, I figured I'd pack my bag 2 weeks before my due date, and so wound up packing my bag in between contractions. I've had false labor that came regularly every 5 minutes apart for over an hour, and I've had bona fide labor that didn't seem strong enough to worry about. Yeah, that was the kid that was born in the emergency room. I've given birth to 12 kids, and every time it was different. You're really not overprepared, but it is boring just waiting. I'd go pull a few weeds, myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home