The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I received my first PG&E bill today. And although I was expecting a significantly larger amount than when we inhabited our previous 1375 square foot house, I was a little shocked that the amount was $100 more than I anticipated. It was not unexpected however, as we had had many visitors over the past month, and were using many more appliances with getting settled in and cleaned up. So, I've gone through the house and identified many of the high-usage appliances (central vac, HVAC, elevator and clothes dryer) and have vowed to not use them as much.

Today marks the beginning of my 29th week of pregnancy. At this point, the medical staff want you to keep what's called a "kick card" where you record the baby's activity. Here's how it goes - I'm to set an hour aside to just sit and count how many times the baby kicks. Last night the count was 24. The card only goes up to 14. I guess that's a good sign. Everything with the baby is going well - he/she is very active and growing at the standard rate. I'm trying to stay in shape, although it's difficult with some of the symptoms of the last trimester - varicose veins, increased weight, and being unbalanced.

So, to cope with the increasing demands on my body, I've decided that I should do less housework and more baking. Yesterday, I baked a pie crust (used for vegetable pie for dinner) and oatmeal cookies. Both turned out well, but the pie crust was pretty flaky. Today, I'll make more bread, but probably stop there. (I can only eat so many baked goods!)

2 Comments:

At 5:51 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

This is an admittedly nosy question--I would have emailed you if I had found a link. I noticed you mentioned an elevator as one of your electricity hogs. Are these becoming common in new construction in your part of the country? Or does your family have special circumstances that require it?

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger http://lifeinthepresentlives said...

I remember the first time I went to Rudy's parents (now your)house, which was the first time I met Rudy, and how impressed I was that there was an elevator. I think James took me up in it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home