The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I awoke this morning to a huge thunderclap! I jumped, both cats jumped, and everyone was awake at exactly 6:00 AM. What an alarm clock! Luckily, there weren't any more bursts of thunder quite that loud and the weather has cleared up considerably since then.

We are in our new house now, which was being prepared at my last posting, so I should summarize all the events that have happened since then. First, the move - we moved in on Saturday, December 18th. We had many friends who came over to help lend a hand in moving our belongings throughout the four different levels of the house. I don't think anyone was as tired as Rudy by the end of the weekend, though, as he had emptied the contents of our storage POD alone (necessary due to timing issues with the storage company), moved items into the house with friends, and emptied the storage unit in Castro Valley with Graham. I have to say though, moving in was easier than our last experience of moving out. I am still opening boxes and looking for lost treasures (tempred glass cutting board, hand towels, extra sheets), while trying to organize the house the right way (yes, there is a right way and a wrong way).

Many, many thanks to all who helped us move in! Thanks also to members of my family for helping to expand our tableware - I promise I will get "thank you" cards in the mail sometime this month.

I don't have much new baby news, except that all tests and doctor visits are going well. My last visit was in late December, and Dr. Jung commented that I had a "big, healthy baby." The baby is still quite active and I can now feel kicks and jabs just below my rib cage. I am getting bigger by the day, and am starting to feel the baby's increasing size pressing on my diaphram and lungs, making it a little harder to take full, deep breaths. I have another appointment next week (January 19) and will share any news at that time. We do have the baby's room set up for the most part, although I am still trying to find appropriate bedding for a boy or girl. In reality, I guess it doesn't matter too much to the baby, and he/she will probably not spend a whole lot of time in that room until he/she can sleep through the night.

We did have a nice first Christmas here, with a small gathering for Christmas dinner. We spent New Year's Day at the new Winnacker house in Walnut Creek with the usual Japanese New Year's meal. The new Winnacker house is just gorgeous, and I am pleased to be a part of a family with such ingenious and creative minds. Below are some pictures from the New Year's Day feast.




For now, I need to get back to opening more boxes and organizing more things (along with cleaning, laundry, and feeding people and cats).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home