The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Just a quick peek at a typical day at my job...

Part of my job as an accountant is to invoice clients. Sometimes those invoices are revised before they go out to the client. One such revision happened in my office where an additional amount was specified and a new total penciled in. Being an accountant (or just any sane person), I checked the math. The new total penciled in was incorrect, so I revised the invoice with the arithmetically correct amount and sent it on for supervisor approval.

The invoice came back with a note from the supervisor, "S---- says that this total should be $x." with the copy of the incorrect addition sheet attached! Am I the only person who checks their math?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home