The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Tuesdays are supposed to be my day to spend (partially) at home, working on projects and cleaning the house. Today, I needed to visit the bank in Livermore and retrieve the pink slip for the Saturn. This sounds routine - but for some unforseen reason - no one at the bank was able to access the vault. So I waited. One half hour or so later, access to the vault was granted. As if the wait wasn't enought to unravel my nerves, the box was in the top left corner of that wall, and access was blocked by a newly installed self-closing door. Having gotten this far, I was determined to be succesful in my task, so I squeezed my hand through the slight opening that I could create with the box half way out, and emptied the contents one by one until the desired paper was found. Sorry Mom, your safe deposit box is now a mess, and mostly unaccessable. I would call 24 hours in advance (maybe even 48) if you are planning any trips up here to retrieve anything.

This whole ordeal caused me to be 2 1/2 hours late to my morning client. Which made me late in getting to my second task, getting the forgotten remote from the dealership and delivering the pink slip to the dealership. And then it was traffic time.

I have to say that all of these negative events were buffered by the fact that driving the new car to all those places is really, really fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home