The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Monday, March 08, 2004

I am nearing the end of the first week of being a non-smoker. It's actually not that bad (either that or the anti-depressants are really starting to work). I can breathe a little easier, I can smell more things, and my circulation has improved. I couldn't have done this, though, without the support of my very good friends - Rudy, Alex, Kendra, Lisa, Michelle, and Mom. You all made a difference in making my decision not to smoke (day-to-day) easier.

Besides my battle with addiction, life is good. Rudy and I bought our first new car together on Friday night, then drove it down to my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary party this past weekend. Today, as well as the weekend, was warm and sunny - a good sign that Spring is around the corner.

In fact, I rushed through work to make it home for at least 30 minutes of good light so that I could work out in the yard. I've begun the re-birth process in the garden - pulling out old plants, removing weeds, treating for pests, and conditioning the soil. I still have a way to go, but I need to get those seedlings I bought into the ground!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home