The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Sunday, December 28, 2003

I have had a most relaxing four-day weekend. Despite the holiday madness, we have come through another year, mostly unscathed, into the quiet of football Sundays and cold, winter-morning hikes.

Today was one of those days.

I started this morning by going for a hike in the chilly winter air. I didn't go too far, since I was alone; but I did follow a path that I had wanted to check out. Nothing new out there - only the first green shoots pushing up through the mud after this season's first rain.

I spent the rest of the day cooking: whole wheat bread, leek and potato soup, and a casserole. I also made preparations for the week, which entails cooking legumes and grains for easy use later.

I've also started putting together a puzzle. After clearing the table of all our Christmas ornaments and decorations (which are now neatly stored in clear plastic containers instead of ratty old cardboard boxes), I littered the table with 1000+ puzzle pieces that I am now slowly putting back together. I haven't done this in a while and I realize I'm a little rusty. I have pictures to detail my progress, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home