The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

For the past two mornings, I have been witness to two of the most bizarre incidents. Yesterday morning, as I was driving down the main road out of our development (40 MPH), I was forced to brake suddenly for a flock of wild turkey crossing the road. No longer are they scraggly poults, but now they are BIG birds! I watched in fascination as they slowly loped across the drive, crazily signaling other drivers to stop for the odd ground fowl. I'm sure my neighbors are even less enthralled with me after this most recent "turkey incident."

Then, this morning, there they were again, loping down my residential street. Now, for those of you that haven't seen a wild turkey - they are fabulously large birds. And today they were having a ball trying to jump 4 inches to reach the fruit on my neighbor's small, fruit bearing tree. To see these birds, approximately 2 1/2 feet tall each, just trotting down a regular neighborhood, and then trying to hoist their 30 lb. bodies just a few more inches was unforgettably unique. I wish I had gotten a picture!

Besides our roving gangs of large game fowl, it's been a sad few days here in the Vegetarian Accountant's garden. The Oakland A's, once again, lost their series in the first round of playoffs. This is the 4th year in a row. Rudy has placed the bobblehead dolls into the shame corner (one on each side of the TV).

We also faced a first in California - a seated governor was recalled yesterday. Out with Davis, in with Schwarzenegger. My only comment: Ha!

I am furiously studying (still) for the exam. Luckily, this week's work load is a fair deal lighter than it has been in the past months. I do have a prospective new client, though, and am wondering where this "freelance accountant" business is taking me. Between study sessions, I went out today to purchase a new cleaning product - Clorox disinfectant wipes. My initial review is that they are good for small, spot cleaning (say, perhaps before visitors arrive), but for larger jobs, they are higly ineffective and cause, in my opinion, unnecessary waste as a non-recycleable product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home