The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Friday, September 12, 2003

The Friday Five:

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed? When I was born, I was given my father's last name on my birth certificate, but my mother (being left on her own) gave me her last name. I've carried it ever since, but will probably change it to my married name once I complete getting all my professional designations. It's very hard to change your name just because you're married, especially after you've gone to school, worked, achieved professional credentials and established a credit record.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be? If I was younger, I would say, "Yes, I want a name like everyone else's," but I realize now how unique and tailored my name is to me.

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?) I was named after my Aunt Betty and my great Aunt Betty. I have an Aunt Betty on both my maternal and paternal sides. However, my middle name can be attributed to my paternal aunt, who is a Betty W. - and although I am a Betty W., our middle names are different.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why? I tend to like mythical or fictional names more than real, everyday names. But in the real world, I like my mother's and grandmother's middle name - Charlene.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com / triggur.org / astroexpert accurate? How or how isn't it? I really don't believe much of astrology or numerology as guides to describe my own person. On kabalarians, about half the information was generically pretty true about my personality: "You can have intensely contrasting feelings toward people, either you are fiercely loyal or extremely intolerant. There is rarely a happy medium in your feelings. Consequently, you experience many disappointments in people, tragedy, and the loss of the very things for which you may be intensely striving." The rest of the analysis was pretty much untrue, in my opinion, ("The name of Betty contains within it an intense emotional power that could drive you to put forth great effort to accomplish your ambitions and to do something noteworthy and worthwhile. There are humanitarian ideals in this name, making you feel the urge to champion the cause of the downtrodden, the victims of circumstances and injustices. However, it is difficult for you to materialize your ideals because of a restless, unsettled feeling which causes you never to know just what it is that you should be working toward, and the very intensity of your nature makes systematic concentration and application a challenge...Bitter experiences could make you cynical, critical, and argumentative. You find it difficult to see the brighter or humorous side of a situation.") and as most of you will probably concur. I was completely confused my triggur.org and astroexpert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home