The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Another interesting morning today. On my morning walk, I chanced to come across a very odd-looking group of birds. They appeared to be some kind of ground bird, but they were a little too small to be turkeys (we have wild turkeys here in our area). As I got closer, I realized that the birds varied in size - and in fact they were turkeys. Three female turkeys with a whole flock of poults. I had never seen these game birds so young and so small. I wish I had had my camera, but instead you get this picture of fruit from my garden.



I have yet to harvest any tomatoes. I have plenty of green fruit on the vine; in fact, the whole plant is so heavy with fruit that it is having a hard time standing up on its own...even with the tomato cage! I guess we will have tomatoes (all 200 of them) in September. Right now, we can spend our meals getting sick of eating zucchini - I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these three and I have four more that will be ready in a few days. EEEK!

I have to get ready for work now, but I do want to point out that at long last I have figured out how to use the GrassHog to edge the lawn. It worked for about 5 minutes, but I'm getting closer to getting this lawn care thing figured out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home