The Accountant's Garden

Scheduled non-accounting weeks: April 10-14, 2017 June 12-16, 2017 July 24-28, 2017

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

At the advice of my friend Michelle, I am going to try and update this site more often. I'm shooting for creating something of a daily diary (which I guess is what most people do with their blogs), in which I can displace some of my penned up emotions and frustrations. So, to begin with, here's another photo montage of my two furry children, Mr. Slinky and Happy.



What a long day! But I'm not complaining...I've been anticipating an increase in workload that would bring back up to 8 hour days. Today I billed over 8 hours, which I'm extremely excited about, alhtough it was a gruelling day. I was put on the spot to produce some financial statements for the past month (April), which sounds easy, but when you're dealing with an archaic batch-processing accounting system, it's quite aggravating. Not to mention that I'm not the person who usually handles this task.

So, besides today, I'm having a wonderful week. I travelled up to the North Bay (Santa Rosa, to be specific) to visit a friend yesterday and had a great time. In fact, the past few weeks have been good. I've been working on household projects (no, my yard is still a mess in back - nothing wants to grow - and my iris are NOT blooming), returned to making more household food from scratch (bread, cookies, sauces, etc.), and have been able to learn all sorts of new (and old) accounting things that I will need for the CPA exam. I won't bore you with the details on that one.

I'm also getting ready to go on vacation (woohoo!) ina couple weeks. Rudy and I will be in Tuscany for TWO WEEKS! I'm very excited. So excited that I haven't learned a bit of Italian like I promised I would, but hopefully, with the French language background, we'll be fine. I plan on taking plenty of pictures over there and putting them up when I return.

But for now, I have to go. Now that the cat has decided to sit on one of my arms it is extremely difficult to type!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home